Being present and embracing your current state
Less overthinking or judging, just doing
We can all at times have those inner mental battles with ourselves. When we hear ourselves saying: you need to be more this, you need to be doing more of that, why can’t you be more like that person, and so on. So how do we tackle that thinking, how do we burst through that limiting mindset and come out the other side, more able to listen to our own internal frame of reference. And as a result help ourselves feel more self-motivated, enlivened and accepting of who we are in this present moment.
Firstly address the negative things:
- Tell yourself daily that you are doing the best with what you know now in this moment.
- Tell yourself when you know better you will do better.
- Stop over thinking how much better you should be. Work to allow yourself to stay in the present.
- Don’t get lost in the “what if” and “if onlys’ ”.
- Stop yourself from getting caught in that negative overthinking.
Bring in the positive things:
- Ground yourself in where you are right now and what you need to do right now.
- Acknowledge your strengths and how far you have come.
- Focus on what you need to do to get you one step closer to where you want to be.
- Remind yourself that life is a process – this is part of that process.
- Take out the thinking around “should’s” and “if only’s” and add in the questions: What would I like to do, what am I most drawn to doing, what is it that feels important to me?
So many times we can get lost in our head space, wishing we had this skill or that skill, earned that amount of money, drove that car or lived in that house. The spiral of thinking can go on and on. When this happens stop and take a deep breathe, hold it for a few seconds, then slowly breathe out, and as you breathe out let all the judging and constant critical self-assessing go.
“I choose to let the judgements and critical self-assessment go, I choose to just let them float away”
Now re-orientate yourself. Allow yourself to fully accept where you are right now. Acknowledge what you have got, look for the things that you are grateful. Feel that state of gratitude and embrace the energy that it brings to you. Remember to ask yourself the question: What would I genuinely like to do, what am I most drawn to doing, or being. Pay attention to those affirming thoughts and feelings and believe they will support you in finding the motivation you need to move forward. Embracing this state and implementing it regularly will potentially enable you to effortlessly see the gaps that you genuinely feel drawn to work on or develop.
What is the first thing you would like to totally accept about yourself? Need help working that out. We are here to support you. Our motto is:
“Feel Good to Live your Great Life”
Do you want to live your Great Life? Give us a call on 07375521037 or email us on email@example.com and let’s get started.